Sunday 22nd November, 2pm Tall Folk and JUDAH.
A double headline at Screaming Rooster for a relaxed Sunday session. All performed amongst Jonas Jessen Hansen’s art exhibition “Evoking Memory”; Music Amongst The Art.
First up – Tall Folk:
Lara is from a long line of long legs. Jack is an extension of generations of long necks. Together, with their long limbs and swirling harmonies, they are Tall Folk. As an US-American import, Jack brings song-writing and Midwestern twang hardened in Americana tradition. Lara softens and juxtaposes the raspy edges with warm, resonant harmonies established through years embedded in the Dunedin folk scene. From the comparatively upper stratospheres of human heights, they write from a bird’s eye view of political and social turmoil, lined with remnants of the goodness that keeps us all moving. Think a Guthrie-inspired young Prine laced with the grace of Gillian Welch. Just a bit taller.
Followed by – JUDAH.:
A singer/songwriter based in Dunedin, New Zealand. Her writing is inspired by the genres of soul and pop. Lyrically and sonically her songs come together in a delicate yet strong way.
If you want crowds and noise drowned music, head to the Octagon bars. If you prefer a personal listening event buy your tickets now or you will miss out. They sell fast; only 32 left as you read.
Limited Door Sales (unless sold out prior)
No Free List
Basement, 6 Stafford Street
Terms and Conditions of entry
- This is a licensed event.
- 18+ only, remember to bring your valid ID.
- No BYO. A cash bar offering wine and beer will be available.
- The ticket is proof of purchase of the above event and must be presented at the time of admission
- The ticket is non-transferable and only one ticket is valid per ticket purchased
- Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry
- If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued to all patrons
- Please choose carefully as there are no refunds
- Screaming Rooster reserves the right to refuse entry
- Proof of age or concession card may be requested
- Latecomers may have to wait to be seated; there will be no refunds. Doors open 1 hour before the event
- Tickets cannot be on-sold by any means at a price greater than the purchase price of the ticket. Scalped tickets may be cancelled, and the ticket holder denied entry
- Any persons who are noisy, intoxicated, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises
- Screaming Rooster has all rights to film, photo and video production of this event
Doors open 1.30pm, show starts 2pm sharp