Welcome to Screaming Rooster
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Screaming Rooster’s Website.
This website provides you with general information that is true and accurate to the best of the Screaming Rooster’s knowledge.
We advise you that:
– Screaming Rooster may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend the information contained on this website without notice.
– Information on this website is not business, tax or legal advice. You should take specific advice from qualified professionals before taking any action based on this information.
– Screaming Rooster does not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website.
– While Screaming Rooster has taken all reasonable care in placing the correct information in this website, it cannot be liable for any inaccuracy, error, omission, or any other kind of inadequacy, deficiency, or flaw in, or in relation to the information contained in this website and its subsites; including its third parties’ external links. Screaming Rooster fully excludes any and all liability of any kind to any person or entity that chooses to rely upon the information.
– Artist and Venue Limited and the Screaming Rooster do not support or recommend any specific commercial product, process, or service mentioned on this site.
– Screaming Rooster is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Each page on this website must be read together with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer on that page. For more information, please read this website’s full Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Copyright information. If you ignore this disclaimer, you do so at your own risk.
This terms and conditions document applies to all Screaming Rooster (“SR”) websites, web pages and its subsites, including any electronic addresses, social media channels and web services (“web spaces”).
This terms and conditions document applies to all Screaming Rooster (“SR”) websites, web pages and subsites, including any electronic addresses, social media channels and web services (“web spaces”). It must be read in conjunction with our Privacy and Copyright statements. If you use this web space you agree to these terms and conditions.
SR may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
– You must not use this web space to send commercial communications.
– You must not use this web space in any way that may damage the web space or the availability or accessibility of the web space, or in any way that is harmful or against the law.
– You must not use this web space to copy, store, host, send, use, publish or share any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, root it or other malicious computer software.
– You must not carry out any data collection activities (including data mining, data extraction and data harvesting).
– Nothing on this web space is meant to be advice of any kind. If you need help in relation to any legal, financial or other matter, you should see a professional.
– You must not use this web space or our social media channels to make inappropriate, threatening or offensive comments.
Limitations of liability
SR does not guarantee that:
– this web space will always be available, or will be available at all; or
– the information on this web space is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
SR will not be liable to you in relation to the contents of, use of, or in connection with, this web space:
– for any direct, indirect or special loss; or
– for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or expected savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
The contents of this web space’s terms and conditions will protect Screaming Rooster’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, consultants and sub-contractors in relation to any losses you suffer in connection with the web space.
These limitations of liability apply even if Screaming Rooster has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this web space’s terms and conditions will exclude or limit any guarantee stated by law. If any item of this web space’s terms and conditions is, or is found to be, unenforceable under the law, that will not affect the other provisions of this web space’s terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Screaming Rooster may take action to deal with the breach, including stopping your access to the web space, removing comments you have made on our channels, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the web space, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the web space and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
You agree to cover Screaming Rooster against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses in relation to claims or disputes incurred by Screaming Rooster because of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be ruled by New Zealand Governing Law, and any disagreement relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
Screaming Rooster’s contact details are:
PO Box 2029
South Dunedin 9044
Online: contact us
Phone: +64 (0) 3 9269674
Screaming Rooster (‘SR’) is grateful to all the artists and copyright holders who have given their permission for images to appear on this website. Unless specifically stated otherwise, none of the content on this site may be reproduced, communicated to the public, transmitted or copied without the SR’s express written permission, except for the purposes of private study, research, criticism, review or education, in accordance with the Copyright Act 1994.
For written permission to reproduce information on this website for any purpose other than personal use, please contact SR. When information from this website is used in any context, it must reference this website and the date of publication of the website must be stated.
Works, including text, sound recordings, images and artworks, are used on this site with the permission of artists, authors, donors and/or lenders of those works.
SR is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others. Every effort has been made to locate the copyright owners of material used in this website. In cases where this has not been possible copyright owners are invited to contact SR.
To the best of Screaming Rooster’s knowledge, under New Zealand law:
– There are no copyright or other intellectual property rights for works with a Copyright Status of ‘No known copyright restrictions’ or ‘Copyright expired’ in New Zealand; and
– This material may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction.
– SR will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
– SR cannot guarantee that sharing these images may not inadvertently infringe upon the rights of copyright holders unknown to us, and SR cannot accept liability if this should happen.
Screaming Rooster is committed to respecting intellectual property rights, as well as expressions of Māori culture in Aotearoa New Zealand. We ask you to do the same. You’re encouraged to use images as a way of remembering and sharing your experience of our exhibitions, but the reproduction of portraits as commercial items or the use of the images in a way that would cause offence is strictly prohibited.
SR is grateful to all those descendants who have given permission for images of their ancestors to appear on this website.
Photography and filming in Screaming Rooster
You are welcome to take still and video photographs of people, general scenes within the SR, the SR building itself and artworks in SR’s collection, with the exception of those artworks that are clearly and specifically labelled. Look out for the ‘no photography’ icon indicating objects or exhibitions that cannot be filmed or photographed. This restriction may be for cultural reasons, due to copyright law or to protect the objects.